The logistics simulation game: “Legostic management”
“Experience the dynamics of business operations in your specific role”
That happens in six departments which are associated with specific operations. In each department there are one or more roles, for example the Department Warehouse Raw materials has both a manager and an assistant manager. There are also three Production Departments, each with a production manager and one or more production workers. So a fairly complex set of people who (should) work together in business operations.
In the first version, there is no cash flow yet, but solely the flow of goods of LEGO-bricks and the information forms associated to the production process. The complexity is increased step by step in later versions: the introduction of cash flows (money), a greater diversity in LEGO towers, the recording of working time, digital measurements of processes, etc.
Methods and tools to learn by playing
Do you look for some different educational methods, in the field of logistics and operations management? Teaching methods with the methodology of learning by playing? Simulation role games were participants all participate? Have fun together? And validate the learning process highly? Experience learning themselves and indicate they are learning a lot?
We supply these enervating LO-Game simulations.
Participants can have unique educational experiences. Where making mistakes is regarded as positive contributing to their learning processes. Where is verified that indeed success drives success in acquiring competencies.
Playful learning in simulations which will last 1 to 6 hours (when several versions are played in a sequence, with breaks in between, of course).
LO-Game is used among other at the courses logistics in secondary schools and at polytechnics, in the course operations management at a Master and at Applied Business Administration in the Bachelor.
As an event
Do you look for an event where your employees or team members learn to accommodate better in operations? Smoothing business processes? Many companies experience problems caused by persons in the organization that do not coordinate the activities properly. Processes are not running as it should be, because employees purely view operations from their specific personal position.
The individual employees hardly consider the consequences for the entire organization in their behavior and attitude. The inside of the box thinking in their own little kingdoms create bottlenecks in business processes. The internal communication is more viscous than necessary and consequently operations are not optimal. The right people in the right place is not just a matter of knowledge and skill, but also behavior and attitude.
With our game simulations you upgrade your ‘learning’ organization. Playfully. In game simulations which last from 1 hour to 6 hours (when multiple variants are played in succession)
- Learn collectively: get more synergy by cooperating with colleagues
- Improve the internal networks of the organization by conducting common activities.
- Show business operations to your employees from a different angle, leading to better common understanding, better perceptions and deeper insights in management of operations.
- Let your employees experiment in a safe training environment, for example to test (new) procedures or working methods.
- Realize a better team spirit because the same business processes are in the roles of the simulation experienced from “a totally different angle and therefore perspective”.
- Make your employees aware of the effects of individual behavior styles on business operations and on the processes of internal communications.